As a PGA Professional or Associate, you are at the forefront of introducing kids to the game of golf for a lifetime. The Drive, Chip and Putt championship, enacted by a joint effort by golf’s leading bodies–(the U.S.G.A, Augusta National, and the PGA of America), offers a FREE competitive golf experience for boys and girls ages 7-15*.
Wisconsin’s 3 National Finalists (Mitchell Shroyer, McKenna Nelson, and Ashleyjen Powell) will compete at Augusta National on April 4, 2021 preceding Masters’ Week. For the full press release, please visit www.drivechipandputt.com
2021 Schedule – Registration coming soon!
05/16/2021 – Erin Hills GC – Hartford, WI
06-16-2021 – Spooner GC – Spponer, WI
06-24-2021 – Edelweiss Chalet CC – New Glarus, WI
06-28-2021 – The Oaks GC – Cottage Grove, WI
06-30-2021 – LaCrosse CC – Onalaska, WI
07/09/2021 – Thornberry Creek, WI – Hobart, WI
07/12/2021 – Merrill GC – Merrill, WI
07/13/2021 – Edgewood GC – Big Bend, Wi
07/19/2021 – Beloit Club, Beloit, WI
07/20/2021 – Reedsburg CC – Reedsburg, WI
07/21/2021 – Irish Waters GC – Freedom, WI
07/27/2021 – The Legend at Merrill Hills, Waukesha, WI
FAQ’s for 2021
- How does a participant sign up? Registration begins in late January of 2020. Guardians go to www.drivechipandputt.com to create an account in order to select a local qualifier near them.
- How many qualifiers can a child sign up for? One. A child can only attempt to move through the qualifying stages out of one local qualifier each year.
- What is the deadline to register? The deadline to register for a local qualifier is 5pm CST five days prior to the event. There are no walk-ons, late registrations, or on-site registrations allowed. All participants MUST be registered online by the deadline.
- *How are the age divisions calculated? Boys and girls compete in the age bracket based on what their age will be at the time of the National Finals in the following year (in 2021 this is based on April 5, 2022). This means that some 6-year-olds are eligible but some 15-year-olds are not.
- How can I promote Drive, Chip and Putt at my facility? Many facilities incorporate the format of DCP into their junior golf programs–even their adult programs. The WPGA puts on a smaller version of the DCP competition at the Hornung’s Classic each year. Check out the Instructor’s Playbook linked here. Contact Erika for other promo materials.
- What is required to host a qualifier? Click the link for info on Hosting a Drive Chip and Putt competition for a 2-pager outlining the requirements. Thanks for your interest! Email Erika with any questions.