As a PGA Professional or Associate, you are at the forefront of introducing kids to the game of golf for a lifetime. The Drive, Chip and Putt championship, enacted by a joint effort by golf’s leading bodies–(the U.S.G.A, Augusta National, and the PGA of America), offers a FREE competitive golf experience for boys and girls ages 7-15*.
Each year in the Wisconsin Section, about 10-11 courses offer to host a Drive, Chip and Putt qualifier. Your support is instrumental to this initiative. For more information about hosting a qualifier, email Erika at email@example.com
Local Qualifying Group 1: (advancing to University Ridge Sub-Regional on Aug 3)
Sunday, May 19th – Erin Hills Golf Course (Hartford, WI)
Monday, June 24th – The Oaks Golf Course (Cottage Grove, WI)
Tuesday, July 16th – Edgewood Golf Course (Big Bend, WI)
Tuesday, July 23rd – The Legend at Merrill Hills (Waukesha, WI)
Local Qualifying Group 2: (advancing to SentryWorld Sub-Regional on Aug 9)
Saturday, June 15th – Whistling Straits (Kohler, WI)
Monday, July 1st – Green Bay CC (Green Bay, WI)
Monday, July 8th – Reedsburg CC (Reedsburg, WI)
Thursday, August 1st – Eau Claire G&CC (Altoona, WI)
- How does a participant sign up? Registration begins March 5th. Guardians go to www.drivechipandputt.com to create an account in order to select a local qualifier near them.
- How many qualifiers can a child sign up for? One. A child can only attempt to move through the qualifying stages out of one local qualifier each year.
- What is the deadline to register? The deadline to register for a local qualifier is 5pm CST five days prior to the event. There are no walk-ons, late registrations, or on-site registrations allowed. All participants MUST be registered online by the deadline.
- *How are the age divisions calculated? Boys and girls compete in the age bracket based on what their age will be at the time of the National Finals in the following year (in 2019 this is based on April 7, 2020). This means that some 6-year-olds are eligible but some 15-year-olds are not.
- How can I promote Drive, Chip and Putt at my facility? Many facilities incorporate the format of DCP into their junior golf programs–even their adult programs. The WPGA puts on a smaller version of the DCP competition at the Hornung’s Classic each year. Check out the Instructor’s Playbook linked here. Contact Erika for other promo materials.
- What is required to host a qualifier? Click the link for info on Hosting a Drive Chip and Putt competition for a 2-pager outlining the requirements. Thanks for your interest! Email Erika with any questions.
CLICK HERE for the Instructor’s Playbook
CLICK HERE for the 2020 qualifying schedule
CLICK HERE for the press release on National Finalist Sarah Balding competing on 4/7/2019